Music Monday #33

posted by author on Mon, May 21, 2012 6 Comments

Soo I have been really neglecting this blog T_T I have a bunch of things I could talk about but I have just been um lazy and keep forgetting that I should be posting things here and RETURNING MY COMMENTS x_x. I promise I am going to catch up on that. Before I begin with the music goodies I will give some lame excuses as to why I haven’t been showing my face here…

Firstly, I saw “The Avengers”! Great movie, better than expected which is saying quite a bit considering that I had high expectations from the very beginning. Also, one of my friends who I haven’t seen in a long while decided to show up for the movie lol. It was a little chaotic with all that but it was all worth it in the end :D.

Secondly, I turned 24…yess getting old >_>. I didn’t do much on the actual day just a nice lunch and helped a friend get a mother’s day gift for his mom. Some of my friends pooled resources and got me Skyrim…yep my life is going to get over soon. I have been taking precautions, setting alarms so I don’t end up playing for too long. Why am I so afraid of Skyrim? Here’s an interesting story. When I graduated I took some time off. I was looking for jobs because of my tricky visa situation but I was taking it easy. At this point I was playing Oblivion…all the time! I was a lazy bum but awesometastic in the world of elder scrolls xD. Not saying it is the best game out there…no quite contrary but addicting? YES. There are two other games that are looking potentially equally addicting – Dragon’s Dogma and Dishonored (I like how there are so many Ds in the names lol). I also have a kindle now and lots of amazon credit :3. I still have a huge reading backlog…slowly treading through it all. I also received a recommendation to read “Husband Hunting 101″ by a friend. Out of curiosity I read the first chapter…I am not sure at this point if I will enjoy it…but there’s a nice discussion that will come out of that book…maybe for later before I stretch this MM post ^_^;

Thirdly, I have been doing badly on my tv shows/anime/movies backlog. I would like to blame Dream High 2 for this low. I am just struggling to finish up on that…well good news is that I only have 2 more episodes remaining yay! Community has sadly ended yet again :( I really liked the last three episodes especially the game one hehe. Well since I hit the slump with Dream High 2 I decided to start rewatching a couple series – Merlin and Fast Forward. Sadly, not a lot of people know about Fast Forward…it is based off a book and never got past season 1…but great series nevertheless! Anyways a lot of my friends are watching “Game of Thrones” and I had started reading the first book a while back but never got back to it…but I finally started watching the show…I am um not sure so far how I feel about it…but when I saw the opening and Boromir I was all excited! Lets hope it lives upto my expectations xD.

Lastly, I have been trapped in the never ending cycle of video games @_@. If I was a nerd before I have been turned into a super nerd now ._. I dunno where this is taking me…hopefully not to a dark end lol.

Anyways…I could go on…but time for the music :D

Lets start with KPop which I haven’t been catching up with in sooo long. I however do find 4minute’s Volume Up very catchy! The video is interesting nothing special though…also their fashion sense um is interesting xD.

There’s a story with the first song…PLEASE DON’T JUDGE ME…I have always been very open to all kinds of music except for a few. But mostly I can enjoy a huge range of songs lol. Anyways back to the story…so some of my um college-mates were in a restaurant and one of the guys in the group left a note to the server (name: Carly) on the receipt “Hey I just met you, this is crazy. Here’s my # so call me maybe” and he indeed left his number lol. Sharing the song to commemorate the shenanigans! DO WATCH THE ENDING OF THE VIDEO FOR THE LOLs

Ok to nullify the previous song here’s one of my favorites. Alone by Bullet For My Valentine. You can tell the music is awesome ^_^ there’s a fan video to make the song interesting. They are coming up with a new album soon so I am excitedddd!!!

Epic was sharing some free music over it’s 20th anniversary and I downloaded some soundtracks. My favorite ones are the GOW ones hehe. Special mention goes to the Cole train rap which cracked me up…I might try using it as an alarm tone where the “whooo” will give me a heart attack but wait who am I talking to -_- anyways the song that I am sharing here is called “Finally A Tomorrow” which plays towards the end of GOW3. New addition to my instrumental playlist :3

Well that’s it for my lame life so far…hoping to make things interesting soon :D

• On Mon, May 21, 2012, Erica said:

Oh wasn’t The Avengers amazing? Like you, I went in expecting awesomeness and it was even better than I could have hoped.

• On Mon, May 21, 2012, Rachel said:

I was supposed to see Avengers with my mom and brother two weekends ago, but I don’t really like watching movies, nor do I like superheroes, so I opted out. I know people say there’s something for everyone, but I don’t want to pay $5 and take 2.5 hours out of my day if I don’t think I’ll like it, y’know? Anyway, I’m glad it lived up to your expectations. :)

Oh man, Skyrim. I spent 12 hours playing that damn game on my brother’s Xbox that same non-Avengers weekend. He said I could borrow it, but I don’t want to have to start over now that I’ve logged probably around 16 hours of play. I’m going to try transferring the saves to my own Xbox via flash drive the next time I go home, but I don’t know when that will be. :( I miss that game!!

There’s no need to stress about returning comments, or about catching up on TV shows, for that matter. Take your time, enjoy life, and don’t play TOO much Skyrim! Also, happy belated birthday. :)

• On Wed, May 23, 2012, Alex said:

happy belated! Wow, 24! YOU’RE OLD! LOL just kidding. my older sister is gonna be 24 in August. Surreal!

i heard the avengers was awesome! i plan to watch it sooon…maybe in 2 weeks…it’ll still be in theaters right? lol

Game of Thrones is really popular too…though myself, i never watched it yet either. lol. still catching on my The Office episodes! XD

• On Mon, May 28, 2012, Jamie said:

Hey you! I’m glad you remember me! Eh, it happens to the better of us. I haven’t really been blogging either, been super busy with “J”.

“R” was my first date out where I live. He turned into an ass (pardon the French) when “J” started having feelings for me and he and I started getting closer. I felt used by “R”, when he came over and just wanted to have sex. That’s where the relationship went wrong, plus “R” is moving to the bay area anyway so why not go for someone whose close by ya know? “J” is super sweet, and I care for him. I am taking it slower with him and he is with me which is a good thing really. We haven’t really done much but hang out and all that stuff (cuddle and such). Which is cool no? He likes to mess with me when we’re out in public but he makes it fun. :). So, I’m glad I told “R” off. That’s what I’ve been doing lately.

Happy birthday girl!! I remembered when I turned 24 years old. Man I’m old 29 and almost 30!! Time sure does fly doesn’t it? Vermont? Wow!! That’s cool!!!

Hey video games aren’t that lame actually. I just didn’t have enough games to keep me entertained or interested and so now I’m with “J”, that will probably change. He wants me to save my money though I am getting a new phone. :) yay!!

Well, girlie, “J” and I actually started watching “Games And Thrones” last night and its actually pretty cool and get this, I’m getting into Harry Potter now!! :O !!! You have “J” to thank for that!!! lol. Well; I think that’s it for now. I’ll talk to you later and will update your link!

• On Fri, Jun 1, 2012, Becca said:

Ugh, I still have not seen The Avengers yet. I really want to but I’ve either been really busy or don’t want to go by myself. :P

Happy belated birthday!! It sounds like you had a nice day even if it was simple – which I would prefer I think. Birthdays don’t always have to be crazy with a lot going on.

Oh man, A Game of Thrones. I’ve been on the second book for I think like three or four weeks now. I just cannot get through it. I really like the story line and writing and everything, I just cannot get myself to sit down and read it. I think it’s because it’s so long. I just need to get through it! I’ve yet to watch the TV series though – one of these days!

• On Sun, Jun 3, 2012, xian said:

Hello Dipika :)
    I’ve been busy too got lost leaving my blog un-updated for 2 months XD HAHAHAHA! So I guess a lot of us are like “busy”

Anyways, I’ve watched avengers too. Hulk pwnz everyone! XD HAHAHA!

Belated Happy Birthday too :)