I am the dragonborn!

posted by author on Wed, Feb 29, 2012 20 Comments

I was cleaning my room the other day and found my dragon bracelet that I thought was lost…hence the inspiration for this post lol (I also wanted to post something besides MM and PF hehe). Technically I am a dragon born XD. Let me explain…I am talking about Chinese zodiac according to which I am a dragon (02/17/1988-02/05/1989) :D. Even if I was not a dragon, I am sure I would still be very much into dragons. I have always been fascinated by these “legendary creatures”. I love reading about them, watching them in movies/media and playing dragon related games as well (oh Skyrim you will have to wait till I am ready to end my social life T_T). Literature has always portrayed these creatures in different lights but I like to go with the mythological views. Anyways let’s get back to my obsession love for these amazing beings. Random fact – 2012 is the year of the dragon…so all my fellow dragons we are going to kick ass ;) ( I apologize for the bad image quality…these pics were taken from my cell phone camera as I was too lazy to dig out my DSLR lol)

I moved into my current apartment last year around April. Being fresh out of college, I didn’t invest much into furniture. I still am quite hesitant to invest into anything pricy and/or big because chances are I will relocate and moving by myself has always been a big pain :(. My priced possessions include my 40″ LCD HDTV and my electronic devices. However I have always liked decorating my house with posters, magnets, wall decors and other geeky stuff. Yes I happen to have a lot of Asian decors that include dragons. This wall scroll is my favorite one <3

I also like this dragon pendant that I own. It is nothing special but I love wearing it. It sort of defines my personality :3. I am sure there’s more stuff hidden in my messy collection somewhere that I have forgotten about now because I don’t wear anything to work lol (bracelets, earrings and stuff).

Do you have a favorite legendary creature/animal? Do you like personalizing your accessories?

• On Wed, Feb 29, 2012, keiko1981 said:

Wow, really cool bracelet and pendant!
    Hmm, legendary creature. Does elves count?
    I specially like the fantasy comic book series ElfQuest by Wendy & Richard Pini.
    If I’m not mistaken I’m a rat (born in Aug 1981) if you go after Chinese zodiac, not as cool sounding as a dragon.
    Then I prefer Lion. “I’m a Lion.”
    When I first read the title of your post “I am the dragonborn” I came to think of Robert Jordan’s/Brandon Sanderson’s books The Wheel of Time.
    Love those books read the book once and listened to the audio books twice. They are very well read by Kate Reading & Michael Kramer, highly recommended.
    Done ranting now, have a nice day. :)

• On Wed, Feb 29, 2012, Dipika said:

Thanks Keiko! Yeah sure…elves are just fine ;) I have heard of the series but never looked into it. It doesn’t sound as cool but rat is considered one of the best! Have you ever heard/seen the anime fruits basket lol?

Haha yeah lions are awesome lol. Oh…I have heard of those books lol. I don’t think I ever ended up reading them though…I need to! I have soo many books that I should pick up and read hehe. Feel free to rant whenever you want! Have a great day too…we only get it once in four years after all ;)

• On Thu, Mar 1, 2012, Claudine said:

Wow, I can tell that you have lots of dragon stuff! I love the pendant the most! It’s so beautiful :) I love dragons too, and I enjoy reading about them too! However, under the Chinese zodiac, I am a rooster. HAHA.

• On Fri, Mar 2, 2012, Dorine said:

I’m a snake! I was born on 2001 (Gold), so yeah. I really like the first picture – your dragon bracelet, yes? It’s gorgeous. I’m Chinese, so I have an altar and a statue of a God at home, but otherwise, there’s nothing really Asian in my house.

• On Fri, Mar 2, 2012, Erica said:

I love that pendant! ♥

• On Fri, Mar 2, 2012, Michelle said:

Pretty awesome! I love dragons especially the asian kind.

Hahaha that reminds me that I have to play Skyrim some more. Hahaha

• On Sat, Mar 3, 2012, Becca said:

I’m gonna be honest, I have absolutely no idea what the zodiac for my year was. It was just something that I never really followed and no one around me really did. :O I’m sure they’ve told me before (or I could look it up…) but I’ve forgotten. xD

I like when dragons are incorporated into stories and such – definitely tends to make them exciting. :) And I love your bracelet! Very cute! I’m gonna say I’m rather boring and don’t have a favorite legendary creature or animal. I just tend to like them all. xD

• On Sun, Mar 4, 2012, Alex said:

wow that’s a pretty hardcore necklace and a pretty intense dragon bracelet! lol!! hmmm~ i don’t have any favorite but i do like personalizing my accessories, yes ^_^

• On Sun, Mar 4, 2012, Lisa said:

I don’t know if this is true or not but I’ve heard that all of these people are going out and getting pregnant so that they can try to have children in the year of the dragon because its such a good time to be born! Is that true?

• On Sun, Mar 4, 2012, Rachel said:

That bracelet is really cool and like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Do you think you will wear it a lot now that you’ve found it again?

Moving really is such a pain. I move twice a year–dorm to apartment at the beginning of the summer, and apartment to dorm at the end. My mom has also moved once a year for the last two years, and I have helped her move both times, so it’s like I move three times a year. Very annoying, to say the least. So I totally understand you not investing in a lot of furniture yet. You really only need the basics; you could even technically do without a bed if you had a futon!

I like that wall scroll. :)

• On Mon, Mar 5, 2012, Tina said:

It’s so cool! I wish I was a dragon, a lot cooler than being a monkey -___- As for horoscope, I’m a cancer. Crayfish sounds better, hmph.

I used to collect cat items when I was younger and had a slight obsession for sphinxes but atm I’m having a crush on exotic goldfish! Not legendary but still.

Congrats with a new home (and graduating college? :D). I’m looking for housing now and will be on my own two feet soon as well~!

• On Mon, Mar 5, 2012, Georgina said:

Dragons are such lovely creatures. I’m glad you found the bracelet you thought you lost! <3

Cleaning sucks, haha. I'm sort of cleaning my room little by little and I'm finding bits and pieces that I'm not sure whether to throw away or not. I'm also finding a lot that I didn't remember I had.

I was born in the year of the goat/ram, though I'm not such a fan of the animal. My favourite animal is the dog. I don't really have any dog charms or anything though.

I love personalising my accessories. I have a guitar pick necklace that I wear all the time; I play the guitar and I like wearing it around my neck because it means a lot to me, as music and guitar does.

• On Tue, Mar 6, 2012, Kris said:

So you are a dragon born! I’m a Monkey born, 2nd day of the New Year I think! It started Feb 3rd or 4th.

I like dragons haha I wanna ride one … LOL. So you are 24 this year that’s a big birthday! According to the Chinese calendar when the year is your zodiac sign you’re supposed to wear red on your birthday.

Wow beautiful Chinese wall scroll! Crouching tiger hidden dragon … HAHA

I love your dragon accessories I wish I had cool things like that. And your hair is so black! SO ASIAN! LOL

Hmm I like mermaids? I don’t really wear accessories like these haha it’s mostly expensive Korean stuff people give me.

• On Sat, Mar 10, 2012, Joyce said:

Hey interesting post! I am actually the ‘horse’ according to the chinese zodiac :P so I guess whenever I see horse accessory items in stores.. I always have the urge to buy them. heheh.

• On Sun, Mar 11, 2012, Shiki said:

I love dragons *o* I don’t know why but they’re just amazing and look so superior! lol. Legendary creatures are interesting stuff :) even for something like count dracula lol..wait, is dracula also considered a legendary creature? 8D

Once, I was annoyed that my chinese zodiac is a pig :(( I really wanna be dragon back when I was a kid haha. silly me.

• On Sun, Mar 11, 2012, Nancy said:

You have a really cool dragon bracelet! I wouldn’t mind having one of those even those I’m the year of the dog. My little brother’s a dragon too :O! Though, I never really understand the concept of the chinese zodiac. It’s one of those horoscope-type of thing but in years :P.

I’d say, unless you’re married in a single family home, don’t go too crazy for furniture.. Except for televisions :P. They’re something worth investing in!

Your dragon pendant looks really awesome! You take zodiacs to a whole new level! I don’t really have a favorite legendary creature. Though.. I just have a bunch of random bracelets I stack on my wrist. XD.

Take care ;D!

• On Wed, Mar 14, 2012, Shiri said:

Beautiful bracelet <3! It's nice to find some old things you hadn't thought about in a long time / or had been lost.

• On Thu, Mar 15, 2012, xian said:

I love your dragon bracelet and necklace ;3 I love dragons too but I’m more of a Cat person :) hihihi~ But hello fello Dragonborn! Hehehehe~!

• On Sun, Mar 18, 2012, Kris said:

I don’t even reply to comments these days cus of lack of time but I will do yours hehe.

I wish my hair was that black. Then I wouldn’t dye it so often. But my hair is not black of brown, if that makes sense. Boring color.

It’s nothing special just accessories from Korea … you can’t really tell they’re from Korea. Modern stuff not traditional.

My mom planned on leaving for the dinner at 2PM god knows why. I didn’t have a chance to do the paper until today because of other stuff I have to do, so I basically spent all of today until the last second to do it. I really should get myself organized. Yo if I take off earlier my mom would kill me for being rude.

My mom doesn’t like it when I buy clothes from Korean stores because they’re so expensive. She was okay with it when I was in Korea because it wasn’t so expensive. She doesn’t like my fashion sense though.

Yup Jason is really smart … at least that’s what my parents think and compared to him I’m dumb as fck. He’s probably one of the only people to completely laze off during grad school though. I mean I’m sure he works hard but that’s the only thing he does wouldnt other people at least have a part time job? Since I never got good grades though I wouldn’t know if my mom would support me like that. I’m sure it’s one reason though.

• On Tue, Mar 20, 2012, Jamie said:

Hey girl! You probably don’t remember me, but I used to own hobscotch.com and dearjamie.net. Anyway, I love dragons. Always had since I was a youngin! They’ve always fascinated me and not quite entirely sure why. Probably because of the legends and their mysterious ways. If I lived near you, I’d say let’s be roommates. But I’m not sure if you’re in Southern California or not? I’m a boar in the Chinese Zodiac. Yeah, I know it kinda contradicts with my personality. Sometimes I can be a boar and sometimes I’m not. Depends on my mood ya know? I can’t wait for the Chinese new year. Whenever that takes place. I completely forgot since I hardly ever see my best friend anymore (she’s busy working and having a boyfriend at her side). Which is okay. I’m busy taking care of my 10 year old sister (I moved out of my dad’s house and in with another family that are like family to me). Anyway, I will be going to the Oakland Zoo today, and will blog about it later. I hope to hear from you soon girlie! I’ve missed you!