Yet another meme!

posted by author on Thu, Jan 26, 2012 19 Comments

I got tagged by the awesome Alex at Carousel Street so here it goes…

Rules:
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves in their journal.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
Go to their page and tell them you have tagged him/her.
No tag backs.
No “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You legitimately have to tag 11 people (as in list out their names).

Fun facts about me? (I really suck at these…will try not to repeat what has been posted before…)
1] I love dreaming. I used to keep a dream log (still try to update it) where I would write about my interesting dreams. A lot of times if something is on my mind then I will probably dream about it XD.
2] I always sleep with some sort of comforter or blanket over me irrespective of the weather…doesn’t help when it is too hot but oh well some habits die hard T_T.
3] It takes a while for anyone to piss me off…but when I do get angry, it is bad trust me.
4] I like being nocturnal. I can stay up as late as I want…even till sunrise but hell I am a zombie the next day especially if I have to go to work >_>.
5] Sometimes I will recall funny memories and start smiling like a maniac (people who might see me then will think I am nuts).
6] When I was younger I created my own language…sometimes with my family members I will still use my special vocabulary O_o.
7] I can be very clumsy and hurt my toes ever so often :’(
8] Curiosity killed the cat. Enough said…
9] I can be very random but when it comes to listing facts like this my brain shuts down lol.
10] Sometimes I will have more stuff in common with my online friends than real friends O_o.
11] You can bribe me with cute stuff :3 (Unless you have crossed the enemy line XD).

Phew that took a lot of time x_X I prefer answering questions than listing random facts…now here are my answers:
1. What’s your most favorite book of all time? This is a really TOUGH question. I’ll have to say LOTR.
2. Essential item in your wardrobe? Um…….*dies* TIGHTS! I love them <3
3. #1 item on your wishlist? Haha...getting my new car :D
4. Ramen or udon? Ramen all the way...after KTown LA I don't think I can go back to udon *sob*
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? What do you mean by grow up? I will forever be a kid...um lets see I just want to live my life happily...I see myself pursing the same career as now...stay in Healthcare/Engineering.
6. If you were to have children, what would you name them? I am definitely not thinking about kids but for names...I would pick something amongst favorite fictional characters to band members to other random things.
7. What is the #1 genre in music that you CANNOT stand? Easy question!!! Country.
8. Boots or flats? Boots <3
9. If you were a fruit, which one would you be? Mango...I love them...can't find good ones here in the US :(
10. Are you happy with your life? Yes...except for some car troubles my life is good now :D
11.Do you use BB Cream? If so, which brand? If not, what do you use? (had to ask this one, haha) LOL I answered on your blog but I will post here again...I only put on makeup if I am going out or for special occasions...I have tried Missha's BB cream and I like it so far...would love to try other stuff if I can stop myself from buying other things xD.

Here are my questions for you all...if at any point they get too personal feel free to skip:
1) Do you cry while watching certain movies/dramas?
2) What do you like doing when you are feeling down?
3) Pet peeve?
4) Music or Lyrics (not talking about the movie lol)?
5) Favorite activity to do with in real friends (that sounds weird but what I mean is friends you can physically chill with)?
6) Would you rather make a phone call or text?
7) Can a kind/nice gesture (from a stranger) improve your shitty day?
8) Favorite accessory (could be a wardrobe item)?
9) Are you going to watch the Star Wars remakes (in 3D)?
10) Favorite fictional character?
11) Can you recall when you made your first website/layout?

So I am tagging Christina, Georgina (Please don’t hate me lol…I am just curious about some of your answers ^o^), Lisa, Kris (You can hate me lol…let’s catch up on AIM soon!), Nancy, Tina and anyone else who want to do it…honestly I don’t want to force people so f**k the rules like Alex rightly said LOL.

• On Sat, Jan 28, 2012, Kris said:

Freaky I just posted 10 facts about me that I promised months ago. Because of that I am hating you right now so I refuse to do this tag again! LOLOLOL.

I’m on AIM now and then but usually invisible. Long term, can be on AIM on weekend nights! Like this Saturday or Sunday? Or today even if you read this in time lolol.

I can’t sleep without a blanket over my head! Another reason to hate summer!
    Lmao I’ve laughed really hard randomly before and my mom just asked me if I’m insane.
    I always wonder how people create own languages! How do you memorize all that! Same with learning gibberish and Kling-on etc. I can hardly learn a real language, aka Korean.

I LOVE LOTR TOO! I love tights as well, and NO THEY ARE NOT LEGGINGS!
    I imagine if you work in an office you’d have to wear them right? Because dress pants are kinda weird in my opinion. I’d wear a skirt ot work.
    I can’t even choose between ramen and udon because I love noodles that much.
    Omg I hate country but I think I’ll take that before American pop.

1. I cry all the time, even over books. I cry too much over entertainment!
    2. eat ice cream, rant, or dance to K-pop.
    3. Jason.
    4. Music! I don’t care too much about lyrics unless they’re in English, then lyrics.
    5. play video games
    6. phone call! I have a dumbphone so texting is annoying
    7. I don’t think so
    8. My hoop earrings … I dunno lol
    9. I’m not a cool nerd so probably not
    10. Pikachuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    11. NO LOL!

————————————-

My friend Mei told me only old people in China use the Asian ages. Even her parents use Gregorian system.

There are a lot of unattractive celebrities that I like though. For example Super Junior … I used to think they’re hot but now they’re really not, lol. Not after seeing the boys of FT island and CN Blue and MBLAQ.

It’s not really cold here so hanboks are fine. I’m sure the kids had jackets on haha. Today I didn’t even wear my jacket when I was coming home from the university!

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

Aww…I dunno what happened but this comment somehow landed in my spam O_o…I am so glad I saw it and moved it out of spam XD.

I am looking at this way after out AIM chat lol.

Yay I am not alone in the summer suffering lol. I will sometimes laugh when I am IMing or something…so glad I live by myself now hehe.

Well rather than a systematic language it is more like gibberish vocabulary lol. Like only my family members know what a certain word means XDD.

Hehe…tights FTW!

I go with dress pants to be honest…more professional…also keeps me warmer. I dress entirely different when I am at work and when I am casual. I have toned down my style quite a bit to suite the style here as well. Not that I am some kind of gothic punk or anything but I like fitting in :). Also I am very professional at work so I tend to be business casual if I can.

I have to say that I love noodles too but udon can be too thick for me at times…

LOL it is not like I hate all country songs…I have some exceptions but I don’t like majority of them. I can handle American pop better than you :P

Me too! I am very sentimental :(
      LOL @Jason
      Haha get a smart phone…or a texting phone ;)
      What’s a cool nerd? :P
      LMAO…some of my friends tease me…dipikachu…^_^;

————

Really? That’s interesting…my Chinese friend told me some of his friends use the old system…I guess it differs from person to person then XD.

Haha I think I should say below average…if a person has decent features I think they can be quite attractive. Honestly it is the overall personality that usually attracts me…looks are always an added bonus but if that person is a douche it doesn’t help you know.

Lucky! Well it has been relatively warm here too…so I am looking forward to trying out some new tights tomorrow hehe :D

• On Sun, Feb 5, 2012, Kris said:

It’s okay, lol. I was wondering what happened to it.

So even in a gibberish language wouldn’t you still need to memorize a certain amount to make it an actual language? I doubt I can do that! My Korean skills are decreasing as I listen to people speak less and less.

Bwahaha as my mom says I care more about looks than warmth! LOL. I just don’t like dress pants cus of the flareness! I suppose I can go with the tighter ones but still I’d wear a skirt to office. I have a very … Korean style and some of the clothing can probably pass for professional anyway. Except for the jeans of course.

I can’t just get a smartphone or a texting phone, my mom needs to approve. =(

A nerd is the stereotype nerd. A cool nerd is someone who watches Star Wars or Star Trek.

LMAO DIPIKACHU! Calling you that now. JKJK!

• On Sat, Jan 28, 2012, Erica said:

I’m glad I didn’t get tagged this time! Hahaha.

I wish I had some cute tights in my wardrobe. D: I’m jelly! I hate country music too, so much. It’s so twangy and emo and it makes me want to stab my ears.

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

Haha!

Oh…well I just got a whole bunch of them when I was visiting LA <3. Yeah I don’t like most of country music…there’s only few exceptions in there XD.

• On Sat, Jan 28, 2012, Georgina said:

I never wrote 11 facts because I didn’t read the rules properly. :P But anyway, I will answer your questions in my comment if you don’t mind. :) I won’t hurt you haha.

You must have a good temper. I have very bad temper; I get easily irritated. I don’t really get all that mad though. I think I’ve improved over the last year and learned to keep my cool.

I actually don’t mind country music. I can’t stand rap – it’s often badly meshed with other genres and usually don’t keep my attention. I actually don’t mind writing facts, but sometimes people who read my blog already know those things about me so it’s hard to come up with ‘new’ facts.

1) Do you cry while watching certain movies/dramas?
    Not really. If they’re sad, then I might get a bit teary. I don’t react to certain kinds.
    2) What do you like doing when you are feeling down?
    Just relax and listen to music or do something completely different to keep my mind off it.
    3) Pet peeve?
    Bad grammar.
    4) Music or Lyrics (not talking about the movie lol)?
    Both can be just as amazing. Sometimes lyrics tell an amazing story (take for example Bob Evans or the Smashing Pumpkins), or some can be amazingly musical without any words (Explosions in the Sky).
    Not sure, I don’t mind just sitting and eating, having a picnic, that kind of thing. Playing lame card games, exploring, whatever.
    6) Would you rather make a phone call or text?
    Text.
    7) Can a kind/nice gesture (from a stranger) improve your shitty day?
    Definitely. :)
    8) Favorite accessory (could be a wardrobe item)?
    If it’s clothes, I love dresses and skirts. And band shirts. Ahem. If it’s anything else – I love scarves, I love rings, and I love bracelets very much. I’m going through a ring phase at the moment.
    9) Are you going to watch the Star Wars remakes (in 3D)?
    Ugh I don’t really like watching remakes OR things in 3D. Star Wars sat good as it was.
    10) Favorite fictional character?
    A bit hard to answer this one. Probably Rory Williams from Doctor Who, otherwise, if you’re talking cartoon, Bender from Futurama or Marvin the Martian.
    11) Can you recall when you made your first website/layout?

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

Hehe it happened to me last time I did the tag…this time I tried to list facts lol. I don’t mind at all…thanks for answering :D

I guess I don’t blow up easily…I do get frustrated and annoyed but I am less likely to show it or blow up on someone.

I like some few country songs but I don’t like most of them lol. I guess I am really picky with rap…I only like Eminem but I can enjoy if I hear something good. I know what you mean…it is easier for me because I don’t give out too many facts in my normal posts lol.

I agree…I love both music and lyrics…while neither of them stops me from liking a certain song I just love it when it has both great music and lyrics. Explosions in the Sky are pretty good :3

LOL I love playing lame card games and even board games…so much fun!
      I prefer texting too hehe.
      I agree Star Wars was good as it was…but I am probably going to end up watching it in 3D just because I will be curious as to what it’s like lol.

• On Sun, Jan 29, 2012, Nancy said:

God damnit, I’ve been tagged! XD Just kidding, I have like.. 4 tags to catch up to- which I doubt since I forgot who I was tagged by :c.

I can’t even think about how many people love dreaming. It’s an escape- something people want in their lives. I thought I was clumsy o__o. I always bump my toes into things like the corner of a wall or whatever. That hurts! D:!

Remember! When curiosity killed the cat.. Satisfaction brought it back. Hopefully it’s just that. D:

I love wearing tights in the winter :D! It’s something that feels more comfortable than cold jeans D:!

One of my pet peeves is when people suck at playing their instruments, they talk crap about other people sucking at their instruments. I remembered I had my first site when I was like.. 14. I was a total beginner :P!

Hopefully, you’ll have a chance to visit LA again :P. And LA is not safe anymore. For the past few weeks, deaths has been around a lot lately. I’m not going into detail, but it’s the end of 2012 :c.

Take care ;D

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

LOL…yeah it happens to me too sometimes…I totally ignored the last tag ^_^;

Well it is not always pleasant dreams for me though…I can get nightmares equally easily…I guess my brain just doesn’t like to stop ever XD. OMG I do that all the time! It does hurt a lot :(

Hehe most times it does but I think some cats are lost forever T_T

Hell yeah! I like jeans but I <3 tights!

I am so jelly that you can play an instrument decently…I am still no good…my digital piano has been untouched for a while *dies*

Oh yes…I think I will definitely be making more trips maybe we should meet up next time around! I can imagine that being scary…I have heard similar stuff about NYC.

You too!

• On Mon, Jan 30, 2012, Rachel said:

I always have to sleep with something over me, too! If it’s hot, I’ll turn down my quilt and just use the sheet, but I feel weird if I have nothing covering me.

I do the same thing with recalling funny/happy memories in public. Sometimes I’ll just start laughing… it’s embarrassing!

I love tights too!!! I need more pairs, though. I especially want a new pair of black sweater tights, since I had to throw mine out and I have yet to replace them.

I’ll answer your questions here. :)

1) Do you cry while watching certain movies/dramas?
    I actually hate when movies make me cry, but most recently I cried during Up. I also cried when I watched A Walk to Remember.

2) What do you like doing when you are feeling down?
    Sleeping. xD

3) Pet peeve?
    People walking slowly in front of me, or people who I am with walking slowly so I have to keep slowing down to wait for them. I walk very quickly. xD

4) Music or Lyrics (not talking about the movie lol)?
    Music, although lyrics are almost equally as important. Actually, I think lyrics are less important than vocal melody, which I suppose still falls under music!

Just hang out and talk, I think. :)

6) Would you rather make a phone call or text?
    A text. I can be very apprehensive of making phone calls.

7) Can a kind/nice gesture (from a stranger) improve your shitty day?
    Yep!

8) Favorite accessory (could be a wardrobe item)?
    Probably my gold butterfly bracelet that my skating coach gave me for my Bat Mitzvah six and a half years ago.

9) Are you going to watch the Star Wars remakes (in 3D)?
    No, while I love Star Wars, I hate 3D and there’s just no point.

10) Favorite fictional character?
    I don’t think I have one! Maybe Ford Prefect from The Hitchchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series, or maybe Arthur Dent from the same. (Oh unless things besides books count, in which case Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. <3)

11) Can you recall when you made your first website/layout?
    2006. :)

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

Yes…I am soo happy there’s more like me lol.

It is embarrassing but I can’t help it XD. I love laughing :D.

Ah yes…I could use a pair of those myself…most of the ones I have are the thin kinds.

Thanks for answering them :D.

OMG I love A Walk to Remember….has to be one of my favorite movies ever!!!
      Hehe that works…but a lot of times I will be too upset to go to sleep :(
      O.o I see…I wonder if I can keep up…I have short legs XD.
      Yup makes sense!
      Talking is always fun :)
      Yay me too…not that I don’t like talking but I prefer texting so I can use my emoticons lol
      Aww sounds like a treasured bracelet!
      Another Star Wars geek woot :3
      All good choices!
      Someone actually does remember! I personally don’t recall when I made my first layout XD.

• On Mon, Jan 30, 2012, Shiri said:

I feel like you have to keep your planned childrens’ names as a secret. Because if you tell them out loud, and then a friend/relative gets their child first,.. they might end up “taking” the name you were thinking for your child :P

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

Haha true…I don’t want other people’s kids to have the same name as mine!

• On Wed, Feb 1, 2012, Jenny said:

Haha, I’m guilty of your random fact #5 as well, and the thing is that I tend to do this most in class while spacing out. My professors probably think I’m weird now, lol
    I love the idea of keeping a dream journal, it’d be cool to read back about your dreams :)

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

Haha I see lol…I think I might have done it in classes too lol. Yeah it is fun as hell to go back and read your weird dreams XD. I tend to have some very random funny ones :D

• On Thu, Feb 2, 2012, candy said:

Ive done this one. it;s fun!

I think i killed a cat too when i was young bahaha

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

LOL…haven’t we all ;)

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Kris said:

The only bad part about B.A.P is that I can’t tell them apart! All the same hairstyles. I think it’s interesting how they’re all blonde for the concept though.

My mom called Jaejoong a fag. Well after calling him a girl.

• On Fri, Feb 3, 2012, Dipika said:

I agree…although some idols look good with blonde hair I don’t think everyone should go for it…oh well it is a good concept like you said.

You mom makes me sad :(